Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The art of procrastination

I have come to the conclusion that I have mastered the art of procrastination. It has taken me nearly twenty years to master this fine art. I have surfed the net, played with the dogs, exercised, went shopping and even cleaned the house in order to put off writing papers. Take this morning for example, I woke up at 6:30am when Andy got up for work. I turned on the morning news, checked my email, read the Toledo Blade online and got breakfast. After eating, I calculated discussion grades and read a couple of blogs. Now, I am writing on my blog and trying to decide to if I should shower, work on a paper and then go for a walk or shower and go for a walk.

I only have three papers to finish my work for the semester. Two of them I have started and need to finish. The third one is a ten page review on War and Peace that I have not started yet. Once I finish my papers, I have tons of exciting wedding stuff to do such as assemble centerpieces. I guess I should stop contemplating what I am going to do and just do it. However, Rachael Ray just came on and I am addicted to her show. Which should I chose: television or writing papers? That is the question of the day.