Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thoughts on my travel to the Carolinas

While my husband and I were vacationing in the Carolinas last week, I observed many differences between the Carolinas and the Midwest. The first thing that I noticed was the excellent shape that the roads and interstates in the Carolinas were in as compared to the sad shape that many roads and highways in Ohio and Michigan. Another interesting difference was the lottery. All profits from the lotteries in the Carolinas go strictly towards education while the lottery profits here in the Midwest I am not at all too sure of where the money goes. We were very impressed with the cities that we visited and people that we met. The warmest receptions were in Charleston, SC and Wilmington, NC by far. I can't wait to return to the Carolinas. We have even discussed that we would not mind living there in the future if a position at a university or college were to become available. This is a quick post as I have to return to work at my summer job. I will try to write more later.