Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Jiggs's Modesty

My husband and I went for my 20 week ultrasound on Monday to find out if we were having a boy or girl. Everything looked great measurement wise and the baby was doing great. However, the question of what gender Jiggs is could not be answered that day as he/she decided to be modest and not show us if it was a boy or girl. Jiggs kept its legs crossed Indian style and its hands between its legs, and the ultrasound tech had no luck in getting the baby to move at all. I was very upset and even told the baby that it was a pain in the arse since all of the pregnant women that I know already know what they are having. I was upset that I had to still call Jiggs an it.

However, I realized today that the baby is healthy and is right on target and that is the only thing that matters. I will have to have an ultrasound done every month since my pregnancy is high risk due to my blood clotting issues and the fact that I have to take heparin injections to carry the baby to term. So hopefully we will find out next month. Until we find out, I will keep getting gender neutral items for the baby until we know if it is a boy or girl.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I know I have very much to be thankful for.