Sunday, November 4, 2007

Turning 30

I will be turning the ripe old age of 30 this month and I wanted to post my thoughts on the subject. This time last year I thought I would be really upset about turning 30, but I have realized lately that I have accomplished a lot in my life and that I shouldn't let getting another year older get to me. I have graduated with my bachelor and master's degrees and I am working on my doctorate. I am also employed as an adjunct instructor, so my career is heading in the right direction. In my persona life, I am married to my best friend and love of my life, have two great dogs and my husband and I are expecting the child that we have always wanted. So, life is good overall. So, I have decided to not let a number such as 30 make me feel depressed or think about what I have not accomplished in life. Instead, I am going to think about what I have accomplished and what all I have to look forward to in the future.